Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting into the Christmas spirit

I have been having such a hard time this year getting into the Christmas spirit. This is the first year that I am truly so grateful for Christ and his birth. All of the years prior I didn't have the relationship I have with Him now and it is just so incredible. So why do I feel so down about Christmas? My whole life before now Christmas was about the giving and receiving of gifts,trees decorated with ornaments,cold weather and snow(or lack thereof), and just the magical feeling of the season. I am having a difficult time forgetting all of that junk or not making it the most important thing. Money has been such a struggle for us and having a family is such a huge responsibility and I just let it get to me more than I should. I am so fortunate to have what I do and I take it for granted and my human nature just tells me I need more and more or as much as so and so has. So I started to take some action to get me moving along. We found out today that we are not going to be able to move until after Christmas so I started to get out some of our decorations and I'm hoping to get a little Charlie Brown tree sometime this week or next. I hung the stockings on the mantle ,hung some mistletoe and a wreath, and put some lights up around the house. I know now that these things and how much we can spend are not the important things anymore but they sure do make things fun! I am so appreciative of all of our amazing friends who love us no matter what and who also love Christ as much as we do. We have a bond that can never be broken.

0 comments: